Tuesday, September 4, 2012

in loving memory of Marley.

"Good dogs are with us for a little while to teach us how to love like it's our job..."

Two days ago I probably couldn’t tell you just how much of my life was aligned by him.  How I was his moon, and not the other way around.  He was more than a pet, he was more than a family member; he became an instinct.  Waking up to take him outside, attributing any noise to his wandering the house, expecting his enthusiasm upon returning home - like a reflex hammer to the knee, his pervasiveness in my mundane daily thoughts was second nature.  It's only after his absence that the (now useless) habitual reminders have left an unimaginable emptiness and ache.  I owe him so much.  A source of comfort and unconditional love, I will always miss my running partner, hogger of my bed, and best friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment