Friday, June 29, 2012

hunches at lunches

I always seem to be making the wrong decisions.  I don't mean it in the broad scoped, God smiting sense of the meaning, although I've been known to make more than a few of those as well.  But between the Pick Me Summer Salad and the You'll Regret This Liver Bisque, for some godforsaken reason, I will always pick the latter.  Then I will proceed to hold it against my sister for wisely choosing the salad, and wallow in silent self pity for the remainder of the meal. On a test when the answer is quite obviously B: Canadians, my gut will nudge me toward E:  all of the above - so tempting in it's unpretentious, all encompassing attitude.  I mean, why put E as an option if there's no hope of all of the above being correct?  No matter that I read word for word from the textbook and Canadians are the only plausible answer.

 Do you want to save this document before closing? Nope.  Would you like a 6th margarita? Yes, please.  You should probably bring a jacket.  No, I'll be fine.  ...I'm starting to wonder if my intuition is out for revenge on me.  Is this some sort of conspiracy to make my life a small scaled living hell?   I suppose being a little chilly at the concert after not bringing a coat is not exactly the end of the world, but still.  I live on the small scale.  My day to day happiness, as much as I hate to admit it, rests solely in the hands of decisions like "heels or flats?"  And when my feet are bleeding and covered in blisters, I curse my intuition's sick sense of humor.  I've tried the old WWSND (uh hem, what would Skelly NOT do?!), but even then my sheisty gut feeling talks me into renting I Don't Know How She Does it on Blu-Ray.  Before I run out to make cloth bracelets with the acronym embroidered across them, I think I should try embracing the rocky daily journey I'm afforded by making awful decisions. So what if I have some digestion issues after the liver bisque, and honestly when are Canadians EVER the only plausible answer?  Obviously my hunch is there for a reason, and in this world of constant conflicting opinion, as soon as you lose that little compass within, you lose your place among that conflict. You lose yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment