Thursday, June 14, 2012

hash tag gettheheckouttadodge

There are a lot of things I don't get. I don't get the point of watching televised golf. Or watching golf live.  Or playing golf for that matter. I don't get algebra, and I definitely don't get why verbally saying "hash tag" has become a thing. But what I REALLY don't understand is this idea of giving up on following passion and becoming attached to a place. We're not polar bears, we don't need a slab of ice and sub zero temperatures to survive. So why stay in the arctic?! I could go on for days filled with metaphors involving other climate specific animals and trees with deep roots, but I think you get the point. I never want to experience this self-perpetuated feeling of being "stuck". That this life I'm leading right now is all I will ever have, and I can't leave because my boyfriend thinks I'm pretty and I have a tedious yet steady job working for Mr. Man. Anywhere has the potential to be home. If we're gonna talk about this in terms of needle point, home IS where the heart is...your heart. And lucky for you, your heart is permanently installed in your sternum.

No comments:

Post a Comment