Wednesday, March 3, 2010

take a ride on my brain

This is going to be a random string of thoughts. Rules for this kind of writing are that you are not allowed to stop and preplan what you will say next. Let the words flow as they may...so if this makes little to no sense, then I am sorry.

Everyone always walks around saying "I hate hospitals" which is what we're programmed to say. What we actually mean is that we hate seeing people we love in pain and suffering, helpless on a bed. But I actually DON'T hate hospitals the more I thought about it after saying above quote expressing my negative feelings. Hospitals have a lot of good in them. Those beds adjust at a press of a button! and then there are nurses! Nurses are those brave people who clean up disgusting situations and poke much needed needles in people's arms! I faint at the thought of a needle, while these people shoot things in veins like it's brushing their teeth. Ew. the mixed reference of blood and teeth just made my stomach turn, I'm sorry about that. BUT there is such an overwhelming sense of caring going on in hospitals that you will not find at Disneyland or the beach or any other place you might call your favorite. There is also an unlimited amount of television literally right in front of your face, and meals are brought to you in bed. Okay, so you may not feel so hot and may not want to finish those meals, and they may be green blobs or brown unrecognizable creations, but it is extremely thoughtful nonetheless. And there are babies! Who does not want a baby?! well..me actually. But in theory, babies are so precious! I for one do not want to pop one of those out of my who-who anytime soon, and especially after witnessing what an epidural would look like first hand on monday night, I'm especially inclined to stay celibate with my legs firmly closed for a good long while. I for one do not have child bearing hips and my dear friend informed me that I shouldn't worry-that your hips stretch when you have kids. EXCUSE ME?? stretch!?! i don't think so. I like being straight as a 12 year old dude and I do not feel the need to have to turn sideways to fit my hips through doorways. I digress. But ah, the miracle of life! It happens in a hospital, and it's beautiful.

Next topic on my mind: parallel universes. The idea that there are infinite universes where YOU are present and doing the opposite of what you're doing here on this Earth. I really believe that I am living in one right now. Same place, same people, completely different vibe. What is going on?! How are you supposed to transition from real world to this alternate one? I'm still me, but I have to be a different kind of me in this same exact situation...so I have to pretend like I'm not me even though I am me...ya know?! It's not easy, but I should probably train myself. However, I won't adjust without some pissyness, pain, and possibly some forced pleasantness. Yes, that was alliteration...it makes the world go around, you know? Words are fantastic that way, and I hate when people don't use the full range of arsenal at their disposal to say what they need. Why say snotty when you could say lofty? or dangerous when you could say harrowing?! I find myself dumbing down to appease other people, and I'm afraid I'm slowly making myself dumber in the process. I should plow ahead using my descriptive language and not worrying about the lesser individuals who don't read or don't care about relaying their message. My message is so important, that you may need a dictionary to understand it, but that is not my problem, buy a pocket one or don't talk to me. Right?? Why am I so concerned with looking like a nerd for YOUR sake?! do you KNOW who I am????! I'm getting so worked up. I should calm back down.
Next time I will have a purpose and a better message to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment